The Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center is accepting applications for artists to participate in the Nashville Chalk Fest 2017 fundraiser; a street painting festival to benefit the Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences. A limited number of street painting squares are available and spots will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. This event is free to artists to participate in. Please submit the completed application and materials to email@example.com. Event/Artwork Guidelines
- All artists must be able to commit to the two day event on September 30 and October 1, 2017
- Participation is on a volunteer basis only
- All artists must submit a sketch or written description of their proposed artwork no later than August 1st
- All artists must be at least 16 years of age to work alone. Artists under the age of 16 may work in teams of 2 or more.
- Invited artists will be notified by June 30th of their status
- Attendance of free street painting workshop is recommended but not required
- Artwork must be appropriate for all viewers – family friendly
- No nudity or political statements will be accepted
- Artwork will contain no words or symbols intended as advertising or promotion
- Artwork may not violate any copyright laws
- Sponsor names must be visible and legible at all times during the event
- Artist must complete their assigned square by closing of the Festival on Sunday,October 1st
- Artwork will not stray outside of designated space
- Artists may not accept donations from onlookers
- Only non-toxic soft pastels may be used. Use of any other material is forbidden (i.e. oil pastels, acrylic, gouache, markers, etc.).
Provided by Nashville Chalk Fest
- Artists will be assigned an 8’x 8’ or 10’x 10′ sponsored square to design
- Artists selected to design a square for a major sponsor will be given a 12’x 12’ square
- All chalk artists will be provided breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday of the event
- All chalk artists will be receive a festival T-shirts, chalk, goody bag and water
*A special artist reception will be held on Friday, September 29, 2017 to show our appreciation and to kick off the Nashville Chalk Fest event.